I love New York, but sometimes I desperately needs a day away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Going from school at the University of Maryland to life in the big city is still taking some getting used to. This weekend, my parents decided to take a day trip up to Massachusetts to visit my sister at school. After an extended period of time spent in the city, I figured my lungs could use some fresh air.
I swear, there is absolutely nothing better than New England in the fall (except for Christmas in New York, but for the sake of this blog post we won’t go there). The way the leaves paint the landscape as they change color is honestly breathtaking. After spending the day with my little sister, my parents had the brilliant idea apple picking. Apple picking in the fall in New England?
I was sold.
After my fun-filled day in Massachusetts, I put together a fall bucket list of activities I want to finish before the holidays roll around:
2. Pumpkin Picking
3. Making a Jack O’ Lantern
4. Successfully making a 100% homemade apple pie
5. Braving a haunted house (this one is going to be difficult for me)
6. Experiencing a corn maze
7. Six Flags Fright Fest (even more difficult)
8. Surviving Maryland’s Homecoming Weekend
9. Visiting Boston
10. Perfecting a hard apple cider recipe
11. Trying all of Sam Adam’s Fall variety
12. Coming up with a creative Halloween costume
13. Practicing the art of layering clothing
Any other suggestions? Let me know!