Happy 2016 everyone! That sounds weirdly futuristic doesn’t it? It seems as if it was just yesterday that it was 2000 and I was ringing in the millennium. Where has the time gone?
Sixteen years later, here I am, 24 (and a half) and really feeling time fly by. Every year the reality of adulthood and the need to “find myself” becomes more and more pertinent. I know many people can agree with me here, but I seem to always make resolutions, but never keep them. This year though, I’ve made myself a list of goals that are definitely attainable.
- BLOG MORE. Seriously, at least three times a week. I know, I know. I have said this EVERY year for the past three years, but 2016 IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.
- Go to the gym at least three times per week. I’m starting to realize paying for a yearly gym membership may not be fiscally responsible when I’m only going MAX two times…per year. Time to pump some iron people!
- SAVE MONEY. If I’m being honest, I have saved very minimal money since graduating college. Salaries in the fashion industry aren’t amazing, and living in New York City is super expensive. I’ve set some budgets that I am going to stick to. Loving clothes and being poor is HARD people.
- Find my passion. I enjoy my job, and I am SO happy in my life at the moment. Happier than I’ve ever been! I feel like I’ve figured everything out, except my passion. What do I love? What do I REALLY want to do with my life? This year will be the year to tell!
- Last, but not least. travel. Last year, I managed to do so many weekend trips, spent two weeks in London, and traveled throughout Italy. I’m lucky. In an effort to keep up the momentum, I’ve already planned a few small trips for this month. Have to travel while I’m young!
So 2016, you weirdly futuristic, strange sounding, scary year. Get at me. I’m ready for you!
What are your New Years resolutions?
Happy New Years y’all!